The General Federation of Women's Clubs of Montana has a long history in support of education and helping students achieve their goals. Each year GFWC of Montana awards a scholarship to a student entering his/her sophomore year in an accredited Montana college or university. The GFWC of Montana Board of Directors determines the amount and number of scholarships to be awarded. The scholarship is awarded at the beginning of the students second year and is sent directly to the school. The check is made payable to the school and the recipient.
Please encourage applicants to completely fill out the application material and return it to the Scholarship Committee Chairman, listed in Section 4. Deadline for applications is March 28.
General Rules for Scholarship Application
- The applicant must be a resident of Montana and be entering his/her sophomore year in an accredited Montana college or university.
- Married/ unmarried, male/female students may apply.
- Grade point average must be 2.5 or above as of the last year of school.
- Each applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Must be postmarked by March 28.
The Student will present for consideration:
- Scholarship application completed in full.
- A personal statement, not to exceed one page, single-spaced typed, including the following:
- Why college is important to you.
- Why you are applying for this scholarship.
- Your plans upon graduation.
- Financial aid (including): Cost of tuition (available from your school); your work situation; living situation (with parents, spouse, single parent, children); other awards/scholarships expected.
- List all honors and/or awards received while in high school and those since graduation.
- College transcript from first year completed (need not be an official transcript).
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher is requested. If not possible, a letter from someone who knows you well (other
than a family member) is acceptable.
A recent photograph. Which, upon award of scholarship, the GFWC of Montana may publish in our magazine, The Montana
Woman and/or other media (i.e. hometown paper, etc.)
Mail Scholarship Application to:
GFWC MT Scholarship Chairman,
Phyllis Worrall, 58995 US Hwy 87, Loma MT 59460